Our Beautiful Rustic Timbers
Our thatch roofing products are supported by a variety of beautiful, sturdy rustic timbers, including eucalyptus timbers and cedar posts. While “rustic” may call to mind an old type of wood, it actually means that the wood has aged naturally or that it has been prepared in a certain way to appear rustic, while maintaining its strength and integrity. Safari Thatch sources rustic timbers including eucalyptus timbers and cedar posts for our clients.
Rustic timber has become popular in the past decade, and for good reason. It is:
- Very sturdy
- Used both indoors and outdoors
- Commonly used in settings like water parks, zoos, and theme parks
- Durable in most climates
- Distinctive, since every piece is unique
It serves as the perfect support for many thatch products for both commercial businesses and residential homes. It’s used for:
- Roof construction and support
- Porch and deck roofs
Kinds of Rustic Timber
Safari Thatch manufactures several types of rustic timber, available in most any size and diameter. Each has benefits for different kinds of construction:
- Eucalyptus Timber. This timber has uniform strength, making it a popular building material for many of our clients.
- Cedar Post. This durable wood can be used in many applications and is resistant to warping and shrinking.
Sourcing Rustic Timber
Safari Thatch harvests this timber from countries around the world, and then ships it directly to your site. If you require custom manufacturing for your project, our facility in Fort Lauderdale, FL, has architects, designers, and craftsmen who will turn your ideas into beautiful finished pieces. We can prepare rustic timber for any application and in any setting, including resorts, hotels, restaurants, zoos and theme parks.