This hardwood is very strong and durable, and is used by Safari Thatch for much of our thatch roof construction. It’s installed in areas where natural wood would complement an exotic background.
Benefits of Eucalyptus Timber
Safari Thatch uses Eucalyptus timber in a great deal of our clients’ construction projects in resorts, theme parts, and water parks—anyplace where strong, authentic building materials are needed for tropical installations. We find that there are many advantages to this hardwood:
- It has a consistent diameter. This ensures uniform strength throughout each pole, and saves on dead weight in roof construction.
- It is strong and durable. Safari Thatch uses Eucalyptus hardwood in construction including fences, trellises, and full-roof construction.
- It tapers very little and requires minimal milling.
- It comes in a wide range of sizes and diameters that will fit any project, from a tiki hut to a large outdoor structure.
- It can be used indoors and outdoors and in any climate.
- It is appropriate for both commercial and residential use.
Eucalytpus timbers can have fire retardation materials applied on special orders. Complete specifications are available upon request, including compression and deflection statistics, etc.
Safari Thatch sources this replenishable material from sites around the world. Contact Safari Thatch today to learn more about this strong, rugged hardwood.
|Appearance||Exceptionally straight, plantation grown timber.|
|Grade (Int. vs. Ext.)||Used in both interior and exterior applications|
|Fire Protection||Available pre-fire retarded on special orders.|
|Durability||Full specifications available, including CCA pressure treating specs, Young’s modulus, deflection and compression specs.|
|Size||Available in lengths up to 39ft, and diameters from 2″ to 8″|
|Strength||Very strong, originally used by the mining industry as under ground support struts. Almost no taper ensures an almost uniform strength throughout the pole, saving on dead weight in structural design roofing|
|Stainability||Takes water-based stains very well|
|Treatment Process||Treated to CCA retention of 1.0lb/cuft|
|Taper||Almost no taper at all|